Stay updated with the latest in Tech, Science, Culture, Entertainment, and more by following our Telegram channel here.
By now, you’ve probably read that Peloton is recalling its treadmills due to safety concerns — which vary depending on the model.
There’s the Tread+, which poses a risk of injury or death by pulling and entrapping people — specifically children — and pets underneath the treadmill. The Tread, on the other hand, has a touchscreen that might come loose and fall off.
If you own either of these treadmills, you’re probably wondering what to do. As per the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and Peloton, you should stop using it immediately. You should also contact Peloton and let them know you want your thousands of dollars back.
Here’s how to get a refund for your Peloton Tread+ or Tread.
If you have the Tread+:
For the Tread+, Peloton is offering a choice of three options:
1) Request a refund: Peloton is offering a full refund through November 6, 2022 and a partial refund after that date. Once you place your request, Peloton will reach out to schedule a pick-up for your item within the coming weeks.
2) Wait for the repair: Peloton says it plans on working with the CPSC to offer an approved and free repair. It’s also working on a software update with safety features that include an auto lock on the Tread+ after each use and a 4-digit passcode to unlock it.
If you’re happy to wait for the repair, Peloton still recommends you stop using the Tread+ in the meantime.
3) Relocate the treadmill: If you want to continue using the Tread+, sans repair and software update, you can also request to have the treadmill relocated to a different location in your house. Peloton can move it to a safe space that can’t be accessed by children or pets — free of charge.
If you have the Tread:
Those who own the Tread will have two options:
1) Full refund: As with the Tread+, Peloton is also offering a full refund for its less expensive treadmill. There’s no final date set for returns on the site.
2) Wait for repair: Peloton is also working on a repair plan that should be available soon. Once approved by the CPSC, the company will repair the Tread for free. But you shouldn’t use the machine until then.
You can place refund or repair requests for both the Tread+ and Tread via Peloton’s official site, by filling out the form provided.
ที่มา : Mashable